This website contains over 400 photos taken by staff and students from South Kilburn High School during the 1970-80s.
South Kilburn High, Stafford Road was opened in 1972 for 1200 students as a state modern comprehensive in a brand new building incorporating the old Percy Road premises. It was formed by merging Carlton Vale Junior Girls and Percy Road Junior Boys School. It's name was changed to South Kilburn Community College before it was demolished in 1997.Headmaster: Douglas Heusch
The campus was divided into 7 areas:
The majority of the photos on this site were taken by Geoff Foster who in the mid '70s was one of the many newly graduated teachers who first taught at South Kilburn. His photos were displayed at reunion '06 and we are grateful for his contribution.
Every year, students were invited back to collect their examination certificates. Below are the 'External Examination Presentation' booklets given to attendees.